Sunday, March 9

Eid Al-Fitr

Eid Al-Fitr is one of the most important Muslim holidays  celebrated by Muslims all over the world marking the end of Ramadan, the fasting month . After sunrise, one-third of an hour approxiamately, we congregate to perform  the Eid prayer (Salat) in a wide open space and mosques. after the Salat, we we greet each other or shake hands and hug even if we don't know each other. Then, we join our families and get together at home for the feast and exchange greetings in a very warm atmosphere. Later, we visit relatives and friends, thus renewing family and friendship bonds as God has commanded us. We also give (Zakat) which is charity to the poor usually a predifined amount of money is multified by the number of people in your family house. Every country has its food traditions but in Morocco in general and Tetuan in particular, we prepare a lot of goodies for the children and the visitors  served with green mint tea and all sorts of fruit juice.



14 comments:

  1. Saida,
    This is a wondeful description of the Eid.
    Well done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Saida,

    Fantastic description and fabulous photos. Was the second one taken by you or at your place? Are the biscuits homemade? Yummy!!!
    We have just started the period of Lent, that is, about six weeks before Easter and during this time, on Fridays - the day Jesus was crucified - we are not supposed to eat meat. When exactly does Ramadan start and finish? And when do you celebrate the Eid?
    Thank you for being so informative!
    Best greetings from across the Mediterranean,
    Teacher Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer this celebration because i visit all my family and my friends.
    What about you saida,???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all our celebration Sara Especially Ramada ♥ But Eid ul fitr is very important for me too

      Delete
  4. Well done Said , I like this wonderful description of the Eid ... We will publish other celebrations soon . So , get ready ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry , I wanted to say " Saida " .. ^ ^ don't get me wrong ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was good to know your culture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you (= we'll share more info on our celebrations so keep communicate with us Raquel .

      Delete
  7. I love it because I am a Muslim Ramadan, the month of Ramadan is important for Muslims, I also do in Ramadan PORTUGAL only mosque'm not going to, because it is too far from my house but I pray at home with my parents and my sisters. I miss praying with many people, as in your photo. the last Ramadan could do everything without getting sick, sometimes the ball game ....... hopefully a good Ramadan for all Muslims

    ReplyDelete
  8. When do you start observing Ramadan? How old should children / teens be to observe Ramadan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Start Observing Ramadan when we sée thé moon. and we start fasting ramadan when we have 10 or 12 years old .

      Delete
  9. Seems to be funny, I would like to know more about Ramadan .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Maria Why do not you come to our country
    I've known a lot about this celebration

    ReplyDelete